Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Lucky Birthday Girl...

This past week I celebrated my birthday -- a quick but nice break from studying. And boy, did I get some great loot. I am so excited to be able to expand my supplies, so I thought I would share my newest toys that I got from my MIL & FIL:

A Sizzix Sidekick
This little guy is the perfect way to get into die-cuts, especially if you don't have your own craft space. I used the Sidekick that my MIL has, and am so excited to have one of my own. I know that I will be looking for new kits to add. In addition to the machine, I got a few die-cuts to start off with.

These two embossing folders are from Cuttlebug, but work with the Sidekick.


I also got these two Sizzix die-cuts. I really love the Stuffed Animal set, even though the blue bunny is a little Donnie Darko for me. But I cannot wait to make these animals in pretty pastels for baby cards! And you can never go wrong with more supplies for birthday cards!



Beyond just die-cut supplies, I also received some Cutter Bee scissors. I didn't appreciate how useful having a very sharp pair of scissors is until I used these. I don't think I will be able to use anything else anymore!
As a present for myself (which was then added by my MIL to all of my loot), I picked up a new Fiskar's paper punch. I love the design of these because you can see exactly where you are punching, and the grip makes them much more comfortable to use. I don't have one, but my MIL does (what doesn't she have!). I got the Seal of Approval pattern, which is a large circle with scalloped borders. Expect to see that on a bunch of cards in the future!


[All images for supplies from Joann.com]

And for endless inspiration to use all of my supplies, I got a subscription to Paper Crafts magazine! The gift that will keep on giving. A million thanks to Momma S!

Now for something other than crafting supplies: my husband got me a fabulous birthday gift: a throw-back powder blue Pittsburgh Penguins jersey. I have been eyeing these up since they released them this past year, and just in time for the STANLEY CUP SERIES (Go Pens!), I got my own! What a wonderful hubby; he always picks up on those little things that I say!
[Image from football-jerseys.org]

A very happy birthday indeed.

1 comment:

  1. You must have been a very good girl..... INDEED.......

    ReplyDelete