Sunday, June 14, 2009

Scribble This! Week 2


I saw this challenge on one of the [many] blogs that I follow, and I felt like someone had finally addressed my card photography woes: the grey blahs. Unfortunately, we have very limited natural lighting in our apartment, and the rainy days seem more numerous than the sunny ones. I have often lamented that my cards look pale and blah in my photos. This challenge from Lisa Spangler at sideoats + scribbles, doesn't just focus on producing great cards, but also how to showcase them with great photography [or great editing tips]! So I had to jump right in and played with the levels on this simple card that I made quickly over the week during one of my [necessary] study breaks.

Just by playing with the levels, you can completely change the cards, and [finally!] make them look like they do in person! This is going to be my new trick -- used on all of my future photography! Bye bye blahs!

Cupcake Birthday: Before

Cupcake Birthday: After

On a personal note: this Friday, June 19, I will be taking Step 1 of the United States Medical Licensing Exam. I have been studying for the past 5 weeks, and my cards have helped to keep me sane during this time. Long days and endless time in the library will hopefully all have been worth it! Congrats and Good Luck to all of my classmates!

1 comment:

  1. Thank your for your lovely comments on the tutorial.
    Maggie
    Http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete